Dog Sledding In Bretton Woods
This location is closed for the remainder of the 2016 season.
- Educational Component: guests will spend approximately 15-20 minutes meeting and greeting some of the sled dogs that call us home and preparing their sled(s) with their musher. During this time guests can pet the dogs, hear their stories, help harness and hitch the team and see some of the gear used with sled dog teams. (Of course, you are more then welcome to be hands on to your comfort level so if you prefer to just pet the dogs and watch, that’s ok too)!
- The Ride: After a fun meet and greet, guests will then embark on a ride that last approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Treats: We like to leave a few minutes at the end for guests to thank the sled dogs for a job well done and share any dog treats you might bring along (just don’t feed the mushers)!
- Based on the current trail conditions, our dog sledding adventures are departing from the”Fabyan’s Field” staging area which is conveniently located near the Bretton Woods ski area.
- We will return to our traditional “Resort” staging area which is conveniently located at the Omni Mt. Washington Resort & Hotel as soon as trail conditions permit.
- While we strive to keep our information as up-to-date as possible, you may also contact us directly at 603-545-4533 to inquire about which staging area to arrive at.
- Thursday through Sunday (with a few holiday additions).
- This tour departs at: 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30.
- Traditional Sled – 2 guests, 340lbs combined weight limit – $230
- 3 Person Sled – 3 guests, 340lbs combined weight limit – $275
- If you are a lodging guest at the Omni Mt. Washington Resort & Hotel, please contact our office (603-545-4533) or the resort’s activities desk (603-278-8989) for your special discount code ($20 off per sled).
Notes & Considerations:
- Winter attire is required for guests comfort and safety.
- Minimum age to participate is 3 years old. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all rides.
- Guests who are pregnant or have experienced a recent injury or surgery may not participate in this activity.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed to participate.
- The safety of the sled dogs is our first priority and we strictly enforce the weight limit of 340lbs per sled, as well as a 3 person maximum per sled. This weight limit has taken into account the weight of the musher and gear. All groups will be weighed for the safety of the dogs.
- No snow? No problem! We use wooden toboggan-style sleds (aka traditional sleds) when there is consistent snow coverage on the trails. We use our all season sleds (aka rolling sleds) during seasonal “thaws” and when there is inconsistent snow coverage on the trails.
- There is two hour cancellation policy. Please arrive at the dog sledding staging area 5 minutes prior to your departure time. Guests more than 10 minutes late forfeit their spot and will be charged for the ride.
- While we always keep our information as up-to-date as possible, you may also contact us directly at 603-545-4533 to inquire about which staging area is being used on the day of your departure.