New Trails For The 2015/16 Winter Season!
Take in spectacular winter scenery as you glide across winter trails from behind a powerful team of sled dogs. Experience nature as explorers have for hundreds of years. This hour long dog sledding adventure starts with an introduction to our amazing canine athletes that last approximately 15 minutes. Guests can pet them, hear their stories and see the gear used with sled dog teams. After a fun meet and greet, guests will then embark on a ride that explores beautiful trails and last approximately 35 minutes. We always leave a few minutes at the end for guests to thank the sled dogs for a job well done, this is the perfect time to share any dog treats you might have brought (just don’t feed the mushers)!
Trail conditions permitting, tours are available most Thursdays – Sundays (with a few holiday additions) starting December 18th, 2015.
This tour departs at: 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30.
The cost of this trip is $210 per sled for resort guests and $230 per sled for public guests. Pricing is based on two people per sled and a maximum guest weight of 340lbs. Guests can add an additional participant for $45.00 so long as the 340lbs weight limit is not exceeded.
This tour is open to both resort guests and members of the public. Reservations are required and may be made by calling the Activities Concierge at 603-278-8989.
Notes & Considerations:
- Winter attire is required for guests comfort and safety.
- Minimum age to participate is 3 years old. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all rides.
- Guests who are pregnant or have experienced a recent injury or surgery may not participate in this activity.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed to participate.
- The safety of the sled dogs is our first priority and we strictly enforce the weight limit of 340lbs per sled, as well as a 3 person maximum per sled. This weight limit has taken into account the weight of the musher and gear. All groups will be weighed for the safety of the dogs.
- There is two hour cancellation policy. Please arrive at the Activities Concierge located in the Great Hall of the Omni Mount Washington Resort & Hotel 30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. Please arrive at the dog sledding staging area 5 minutes prior to your departure time. Guests more than 10 minutes late forfeit their spot and will be charged for the ride.