Howl At The Moon – A Nighttime Adventure!
About: This evening dog sledding adventure enables guests to experience the stillness of the woods that only the nighttime can bring. Watch the sunset, soak in the starlight sky and experience the trails in different way. This introductory dog sledding adventure last approximately 1.5 hours and is open to those ages 5+.
Educational Component: Guests will spend 30 minutes or so meeting and greeting the sled dogs and helping their musher(s) prepare the sled(s). Be sure to bring a flashlight/headlamp for this part of the experience as it’s done at dusk when the sun is often setting.
The Ride: Once the sled is prepared, guests will embark on a 5 mile/45 minute ride (ride time may vary based on: the weights of the participants, trail conditions and the doggies pulling the sled).
Treats: The mushers try to leave 10-15 minutes at the end for guests say thank you to the sled dogs by giving out belly rubs and treats!
Availability: This tour departs most Tuesdays – Sundays starting December 16th and goes until mid-March (trail conditions permitting). There are a few holiday and vacation week exceptions. This tour departs at 4:00pm.
Who Can Participate:
- We welcome those ages 5+ for this adventure
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Participants who are pregnant may not participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
- $325 per standard sled which will accommodate a maximum of 2 guests/340lbs.
- Guests may add a 3rd rider for an additional $25 so long as the 340lbs weight limit is met. Please select the 3 person sled option if this applies to you. Please note that this option is geared toward 2 adults and a small child or 1 adult and 2 small children. 3 adults that meet the weight limit may experience limited leg room, the riding area is approximately 6 feet and guests sit in between each others legs.
- $350 per extended team which will accommodate a maximum of 2 guests/400lbs.
Please Note: that while we are typically on toboggan sleds from the end of December until mid-March, your musher may use a rolling dog sled to conduct your tour if required by the trail conditions. Refunds WILL NOT be issued in the event that trail conditions require use of a rolling dog sled.
**After making an online reservation, you will be emailed a confirmation letter that contains driving and parking instructions, a list of items we recommend you wear/bring along and a receipt for your records. If you don’t see your confirmation email in your inbox, please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as our automated correspondences get filtered into there frequently.