Mini Mush – A Cost Cutting Option Geared Towards Families & Groups
About: This experience is a modified version of our popular “Fido’s Favorite” tour and is open to those ages 2+. This tour is geared towards parties of 2-6 that are looking to experience dog sledding, but not purchase multiple sleds. On this adventure guests will split up into 2 smaller groups and take turns going on a shorter ride (your party needs to be able to split up into two groups of no more than 3 guests/340lbs per sled booked). Please contact us if you are unsure of this stipulation.
Educational Component: Guests will spend 30 minutes or so meeting and greeting the sled dogs and helping their musher(s) prepare the sled(s).
The Ride: When it’s time for the ride portion of this tour, your party will split in to 2 groups. Half of the party will embark on a short 2.5 mile/20 minute ride, meanwhile, the second half of the group will hop in their vehicle and meet up with the team at a nearby trail turn around (a 5 minute drive). At this trail turn around, the two groups will switch places and the second group will enjoy a short 2.5 mile/20 minute ride back to the kennel (while the first group rides back in the vehicle to the kennel).
Treats: The mushers always try and leave 10-15 minutes at the end for guests to say thank you to the sled dogs by giving belly rubs and sharing treats!
Availability: This tour departs most Tuesdays – Sundays starting December 16th and goes until mid-March (trail conditions permitting). This tour departs at 9:30, 11:30 & 2:00. Reservations are required.
Who Can Participate:
- We welcome those ages 2+ for this adventure
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Participants who are pregnant may not participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
- $425 per sled (6 guests/680lbs maxium)
- Again, guests will be splitting up into 2 smaller groups and taking turns going on a shorter ride using 1 sled. Your group needs to be able to split up into two groups of no more than 3 guests/340lbs weight limit. Please note that the option of riding with 3 guests per sled is geared towards 2 adults and a small child or 1 adult and 2 small children. 3 adults that meet the weight limit may experience limited leg room, the riding area is approximately 6 feet and guests sit in between each others legs.
Please Note: While we are typically on toboggan sleds from the end of December until mid-March, your musher may use a rolling dog sled to conduct your tour if trail conditions permit. Refunds WILL NOT be issued in the event that trail conditions require use of a rolling dog sled.
**After making an online reservation, you will be emailed a confirmation letter that contains driving and parking instructions, a list of items we recommend you wear/bring along and a receipt for your records. If you don’t see your confirmation email in your inbox, please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as our automated correspondences get filtered into there frequently.