2 Mile Cart Tour
About This Tour: Come experience dog sledding without the snow! This 1 hour adventure is open to those ages 2+ and no experience is necessary. Guests will spend the first 20 minutes or so meeting and greeting the nearly 80 sled dogs that call us home and can help their musher prepare the dogs for the trail (this part is hands on to your comfort level). Once the team is ready, guests will then embark on a 2 mile ride that last approximately 20 minutes. We always leave 10 minutes or so at the end for guests to say thank you to the sled dogs for a job well done.
For the safety and comfort of the sled dogs, we require it to be 65 degrees or cooler to conduct this ride. If it is over 65 degrees during your schedule tour time, your experience will be modified to a K9 & Kisses meet and greet experience ($25 per person). We conduct tours rain or shine, but if there is thunder or lightening, we will ask you to reschedule (or issue a refund) for safety.
Who May Participate:
- We welcome participants ages 2+ on this adventure
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times
- Participants who are pregnant may not participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
- While we do our best to accommodate guests with mobility needs, we are not certified handicap accessible. We are happy to speak with you in greater detail if this applies to any members of your party
- May – Saturdays, Sundays & Memorial Day at 9am
- September – Saturday, Sundays & Labor Day at 9am & 4pm.
- October – Saturdays, Sundays & Indigenous People’s Day at 10am, 12pm & 2pm.
- November – Saturday through Tuesday at 10am, 12pm & 2pm
- $75.00 per person (ages 2+ welcome)
PLEASE NOTE – Our cart can accommodate a maximum of 4 riders or 400lbs at one time (it’s whichever limit is reached first). For parties that exceed this weight / passenger restriction, we offer the opportunity to “split” the ride within your party. With the split experience, your party will meet and greet the dogs all together and then split the ride in half (meaning guest will get a 1 mile / 10 minute ride vs. the full 2 mile / 20 minute ride). Please note, for this to logistically work, you need to have 2 drivers in your party (or one person who drives and doesn’t participate) as someone needs to be available to drive your vehicle down (and then back) to a nearby trail turn around spot where party members can swap on and off. Please keep the weight / passenger restriction in mind when booking your adventure. The most we can accommodate in one timeslot is 8 guests (2 parties of 4 that collectively weigh 400lbs or less). The cost is $45 per person “splitting” the ride (the first party member is charged full price regardless of ride duration ie: 2 people wishing to split a 2 mile ride is $120 ($75 + $45) NOT $75.00). To reserve this discounted shared option, please contact us directly either via email or phone during office hours.
*After making an online reservation, you will be emailed a confirmation letter that contains driving and parking instructions, a list of items we recommend you wear/bring along and a receipt for your records. If you don’t see your confirmation email in your inbox, please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as our automated correspondences get filtered into there frequently.