General Booking Policies
- Winter Sleds – The safety of the sled dogs is our first priority, therefor we strictly enforce the 3 person/350lbs weight limit per traditional sled as well as a 2 person/400lbs weight limit per extended team sled. Guests may be asked to step on a scale to ensure the dog/guest ratio is appropriate before embarking on a tour.
- Rolling Dog Carts – The safety of the sled dogs is our first priority, therefor we strictly enforce the 600lbs weight limit per rolling cart. Guests may be asked to step on a scale to ensure the dog/guest ratio is appropriate before embarking on a tour.
- While we are typically on winter sleds from the end of December until mid-March, your musher may use a rolling dog sleds to conduct your tour if trail conditions permit. Refunds WILL NOT be issued in the event that trail conditions require use of a rolling dog sled. For guests and dog safety, being hands on and driving the sled is at the discretion of your musher.
- The minimum age for dog sledding experiences at our kennel is 2 years old. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian on the tour. For parties booking multiple sleds, there must be a parent/guardian in one sled and someone ages 12+ in the others. Those under the age of 2 are not permitted into the kennel area and/or allowed to participate in any capacity.
- Upon check-in, guests will be asked to provide a photo ID to confirm reservation.
- Guests who are pregnant or have experienced a recent injury or surgery may not participate.
- If you’re not dressed accordingly for your tour, your musher reserves the right to cancel your adventure. In the event you are not prepared for the conditions and your tour is cancelled, a refund will not be issued.
- Ride times vary wildly due to trail conditions, temperatures, guest weights and dogs pulling.
- For reservations made a week or more in advance – a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required (the remaining balance will be automatically deducted from the card placed on file seven days prior to your departure).
- For reservations made within a week of departure – payment in full is required.
- All reservations must be paid for – in full – prior to arrival.
- All deposits and payments are nonrefundable unless we are able to fill your spot(s).
- At this time, we accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard. Guests are responsible for ensuring that up-to-date payment information is on file.
- Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel is located in Jefferson, NH which is in the heart of the White Mountains and home to the famous Mt. Washington. The weather and trail conditions change on a daily and sometimes hourly bases in our neck of the woods. The unpredictable weather (among other things) is part of what makes dog sledding such a unique outdoor adventure. Since we have not yet learned how to control Mother Nature, we do our best to accommodate her. Tours are conducted as scheduled during times of rain, snow, cold temperatures and of course sunshine. Refunds will not be issued in the event of inclement weather. A list of what to wear and bring is provided in all confirmation letters. Guests are encouraged to prepare accordingly. We are happy to make additional suggestions if you are unsure of what to wear or bring in the event precipitation is predicted on your tour date.
- During the winter months, we are lucky enough to have a fleet of winter sleds and rolling sleds. While we are typically on winter sleds from the end of December until mid-March, we will use our rolling sleds during seasonal “thaws” and when there is inconsistent snow coverage on the trails. Refunds WILL NOT be issued in the event that the use of rolling sleds are required. Both sleds styles provide guests with an authentic dog sledding experience.
- During the warmer months, it must be 65 degrees or cooler in order to conduct our 2 Mile Tour and 55 degrees or cooler to conduct our 5 Mile Tour. In the event it is too warm during your scheduled tour time, you may receive a shortened ride and/or a K9 & Kisses experience and will be refunded accordingly to reflect the experience received.
- If the kennel has to cancel a tour due to trail conditions or other circumstances, guests are given the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
- All deposits and payments are nonrefundable unless we are able to fill your spot(s). This means that the sooner we know you need to reschedule/cancel the better. Please know that we are not trying to be unreasonable or mean. The proceeds generated from our dog sledding tours directly support the sled dogs that call us home, every guest we turn away in order to honor a preexisting reservation really impacts our dog care and educational efforts.