3 Hour Tour
More Trail Time For Adventurous Guests!
** CONCLUDED FOR THE WINTER **
About: This tour, while still suitable for beginners, is geared towards guests who want additional ride and trail time. As the name suggest, this experience last approximately 3 hours from start to finish and is open to those ages 5+. For the first 30 minutes or so, guests are able to meet and greet the sled dogs, see where they live, pat them and can even help their musher(s) prepare the doggies for the trail. Once the doggies and sled are prepared, guests will then embark on a 12 mile/2 hour ride (ride time varies depending on guest weights, trail conditions and the doggies pulling the sled). The mushers always try to leave 10-15 minutes at the end for guests to say thank you to the sled dogs by giving out belly rubs for a job well done.
- This tour departs most Tuesdays – Sundays starting mid-January and goes until March 17th (trail conditions permitting). There are a few holiday and vacation week exceptions
- This tour takes place at 9:30am
Who Can Participate:
- We welcome those ages 5+ for this adventure
- All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Participants who are pregnant are not permitted to participate
- Participants who have recently sustained an injury or undergone surgery may not participate
- $425 per standard sled (2 guests/340lbs maximum)
- $450 per standard sled with a 3rd rider (3 guests/340lbs maximum). Please note that this option is geared towards parties with children. While 3 adults may technically be within the weight limit, leg room can be an issue and everyone may not fit. There is approximately 6 feet of “sitting area” from front-to-back in the sled, guest must be able to sit in-between each other’s legs while having all limbs remain safely in the sled.
- There is an additional $50 up-charge when reserved during peak times (holidays and vacation weeks).
Is it your first time riding in a touring dog sled? Below is a video of what you can expect.
Please Note: that while we are typically able to use the toboggan-style sleds from the end of December until mid-March, we may use a rolling dog sled to conduct your tour if required by the trail conditions. Refunds ARE NOT issued in the event that trail conditions require use of a rolling dog sled.
*After making a successful online reservation, an automated confirmation letter is sent out immediately. This confirmation letter contains driving and parking instructions, a list of items we recommend you wear/bring along and a receipt for your records. If you don’t see a confirmation email in your inbox, please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as our automated messages get filtered into there frequently these days (this is especially important for Gmail users to take note of as we almost always get put into the junk folder).*