General Booking Policies
- Winter Sleds – The safety of the sled dogs is our first priority, therefor we strictly enforce the 3 person/350lbs weight limit per traditional sled as well as a 2 person/400lbs weight limit per extended team sled. Guests may be asked to step on a scale to ensure the dog/guest ratio is appropriate before embarking on a tour.
- Rolling Dog Carts – The safety of the sled dogs is our first priority, therefor we strictly enforce the 600lbs weight limit per rolling cart. Guests may be asked to step on a scale to ensure the dog/guest ratio is appropriate before embarking on a tour.
- While we are typically on winter sleds from the end of December until mid-March, your musher may use a rolling dog sleds to conduct your tour if trail conditions permit. Refunds WILL NOT be issued in the event that trail conditions require use of a rolling dog sled. For guests and dog safety, being hands on and driving the sled is at the discretion of your musher.
- The minimum age for dog sledding experiences at our kennel is 2 years old. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian on the tour. For parties booking multiple sleds, there must be a parent/guardian in one sled and someone ages 12+ in the others. Those under the age of 2 are not permitted into the kennel area and/or allowed to participate in any capacity.
- Upon check-in, guests will be asked to provide a photo ID to confirm reservation.
- Guests who are pregnant or have experienced a recent injury or surgery may not participate.
- If you’re not dressed accordingly for your tour, your musher reserves the right to cancel your adventure. In the event you are not prepared for the conditions and your tour is cancelled, a refund will not be issued.
- Ride times vary wildly due to trail conditions, temperatures, guest weights and dogs pulling.
- For reservations made a week or more in advance – a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required (the remaining balance will be automatically deducted from the card placed on file seven days prior to your departure).
- For reservations made within a week of departure – payment in full is required.
- All reservations must be paid for – in full – prior to arrival.
- All deposits and payments are nonrefundable unless we are able to fill your spot(s).
- At this time, we accept Visa, Discover and MasterCard. Guests are responsible for ensuring that up-to-date payment information is on file.
- Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel is located in Jefferson, NH which is in the heart of the White Mountains and home to the famous Mt. Washington. The weather and trail conditions change on a daily and sometimes hourly bases in our neck of the woods. The unpredictable weather (among other things) is part of what makes dog sledding such a unique outdoor adventure. Since we have not yet learned how to control Mother Nature, we do our best to accommodate her. Tours are conducted as scheduled during times of rain, snow, cold temperatures and of course sunshine. Refunds will not be issued in the event of inclement weather. A list of what to wear and bring is provided in all confirmation letters. Guests are encouraged to prepare accordingly. We are happy to make additional suggestions if you are unsure of what to wear or bring in the event precipitation is predicted on your tour date.
- During the winter months, we are lucky enough to have a fleet of winter sleds and rolling sleds. While we are typically on winter sleds from the end of December until mid-March, we will use our rolling sleds during seasonal “thaws” and when there is inconsistent snow coverage on the trails. Refunds WILL NOT be issued in the event that the use of rolling sleds are required. Both sleds styles provide guests with an authentic dog sledding experience.
- During the warmer months, it must be 65 degrees or cooler in order to conduct our 2 Mile Tour and 55 degrees or cooler to conduct our 5 Mile Tour. In the event it is too warm during your scheduled tour time, you may receive a shortened ride and/or a K9 & Kisses experience and will be refunded accordingly to reflect the experience received.
- If the kennel has to cancel a tour due to trail conditions or other circumstances, guests are given the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
- All deposits and payments are nonrefundable unless we are able to fill your spot(s). This means that the sooner we know you need to reschedule/cancel the better. Please know that we are not trying to be unreasonable or mean. The proceeds generated from our dog sledding tours directly support the sled dogs that call us home, every guest we turn away in order to honor a preexisting reservation really impacts our dog care and educational efforts.
What Information We Collect From You: In General, we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way such as over the phone or through email. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”) including your first and last name, telephone number, email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). When reserving a dog sledding or rafting adventure we may also ask for the ages and weights of party members to help ensure guest safety. We may also record other general information and preferences as provided such as (but not limited to): dietary restrictions, medical conditions, special events, etc. to help provided a more tailored guest experience.
Travel Companion Information: If you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we may also request personal information about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information From Other Sources: We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information. In addition, if you use your social media account, link to your social media account, or use certain other social media features, we may access information about you via that social media provider in accordance with the provider’s policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (“Location Data”) to provide you with relevant content. Please note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider in accordance with your privacy settings for that social media provider.
Automatic Information: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. We collect this automatic information to help with marketing efforts and to help customize user experience; it can also assist us by inhibiting fraud.
How We Use Your Information: We use sensitive billing information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing bookings you conduct on our site or with us directly over the phone/email. We use other information about you for the following general purposes: to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with activity confirmation and updates; to manage your account, including processing bills and providing booking notifications; to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our services, and website; to notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience with this website; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
With Whom We May Share Your Information:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We May Also Share Your Information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your Choices With Respect To Collection And Use Of Your Information:
- You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book an activity or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- You can add or update your information by contacting us via email or phone.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
Using Mobile Devices: When you use a mobile device, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
How We Protect Your Information: We want you to feel confident about using this website to make trip arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us.
Visiting Our Website From Outside United States: If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this policy.